With my non-green thumb, these are the only carrots I can grow – besides, I’m not all that crazy about digging in the dirt. I had a blast designing them. Quick and easy, they are a great stash buster, ok, really they didn’t even make a dent in my stash but, I did use yarn that I had on hand. Carrots come in a rainbow of colors, so use the yarn you have!
If you “grow” your own carrots do let me know how they turn out. I’d love to see pictures and if I get enough I will do a garden post!
You will need:
- 1”wide inkle band at least 18” long
*(a little wider or narrower is okay) with two shades of orange 10/2 or 8/2 perle cotton, tatting yarn, or needlepoint yarn. 8/2 perle cotton and needlepoint yarn are a bit thick but will work.
*The carrot in the rabbit’s arms is woven using needlepoint yarn and the other two are woven with both 10/2 perle cotton and tatting yarn.
- green worsted or sport weight yarn
- cotton or poly stuffing batting
- woven fusible interfacing
- straight pins
- needle and matching thread (forgot to put in picture –oops!)
- glue (Alene’s tacky)
- fine felt-tip marker
- sewing machine (very helpful but optional – can be sewn completely by hand)
- ironing board
I hope you enjoyed the first Inkled Pink tutorial! Don’t forget: show me what you come up with – I’d love to see!
warp, weave, be happy!