My thought after I made my inkle origami fish last week was, “Great, that worked, and they’re cute, now what do I do with these fish?”
Then it hit me: an inkle origami mobile!
I’ve wanted to make a mobile forever. The fish gave me the perfect opportunity. This project made me very thankful that I have tried so many crafts and am a collector of crafty supplies.
From my stash I grabbed:
- an embroidery hoop that I bought at an estate sale
- embroidery floss from my overflowing bin
- a spool of beading nylon cord
- dyed shell pendant beads
- a spool of “invisible” nylon thread
- my go to glue: Alene’s Tacky Glue
To make the mobile, I:
1) Hung the fish from the beading nylon cord and tied them to the inner ring of the embroidery hoop, spaced evenly.
3) Tied the shells to the fish cords with the invisible thread, randomly spaced.
This can be customized so many ways: with more fish, more beads, tassels, hanging the fish evenly or unevenly, or even using a bigger or smaller hoop. Sky’s the limit!
Now where to put it? Should it be new décor for our son’s room, or for my creative room? Hmmm.
warp, weave, be happy! ~Jennifer