I’ve had this idea for an inkle band project for a while now. Since December, actually.
In between playdates, laundry, runny noses… you get the picture, it’s been thought about, drawn, theorized about, and sampled- 3 times. Finally, I came up with a method that would give me the results I wanted.
The best way I found to inkle with beads was to pre-string the warp with beads. I used 1,020 cube Delica seed beads. When warping the loom, I only put the beads on the unheddled open warp threads. Then, as I weave I slide beads down as needed.
The project that is to come is really exciting, if I may say so myself, unbiasedly of course. More details will be revealed soon. I’m trying to finish it in time to attend my state guild weaving conference, FTWG, in mid-March. Wish me luck!
Warp, weave, be happy!